on the procedure of the review of the scientific articles in the journal
«Expert: Theory and Practice»
The selection for publication of articles is as follows.
1. The received manuscript is subject to an initial assessment process in terms of compliance of formal and qualitative requirements: the subject of the journal, the rules of presentation of the articles, originality, clarity and logic of the statement in good Russian (English) language, etc. If there is a violation with any of the terms, the article is not admissible. The Editorial Board notifies the author(s) and indicates the reasons for the refusal within 10 days from the date of receipt of the manuscript to the Editorial Board.
2. If the article is admissible, it is assigned to one of the employees of the journal, who conducts all further negotiations with the author(s), sends the manuscript for expert review. Experts are recognized specialists in the matter of the reviewed material, which have been published in the last three years. In contentious cases, the article could be referred to more than one expert, including members of the Editorial Board, as well as external experts.
3. The review is based on the principle of “double-blind review”, i.e. anonymously: the names of authors and reviewers are not revealed to anyone.
The review process lasts from 5 to 20 days.
4. The review should contain:
- evaluation of the article content and the possibility of its publication in the journal;
- specific enumeration of errors in methodology and instrumentation (if there are any);
- proposals for improving the text.